Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Blood and mucus in urine for a year now
An_250402 posted:
For almost a year now I have had a small amount (about the size of a quarter and orange in color) of blood and mucus in my urine. I notice it in the toilet before I flush. I was hospitalized for 5 days in April 2012 for diverticulitis and infection. After discharge and a course of antibiotics (midline access) administered at home I had a bladder infection that responded to antibiotics. An ultra sound of my kidneys showed a few small stones-not so large that would cause problems passing. A cystoscopy in 12/2012 showed an inflamed bladder but no evidence of cancer. X-rays in 12/2012 showed no kidney stones. My urologist has no explanation for the blood and mucus and suggests I get another x-ray in 4 months to see if there are any kidney stones that show up then on x-ray. Meanwhile I still have the same blood and mucus on a daily basis. I was wondering if there is some type of nutritional testing that would get to the bottom of this. Maybe I am allergic to something in my diet. Any suggestions?

LaCour2 responded:
You Never mentioned having a Body Scan? My husband recently found out he had cancer, the last few years he has been in n out of Hospital, for Kidney stones & pancreatitis.
Turns out it was a tumor in the lymph pressing up against the back of the kidney, In the last 3 years The Doctors (not insured by the way) put him through every test you can think of ,except A *Body Scan. The only test that revealed the tumor & years of being misdiagnosed, It finally all made sense to us. Stage 2

PLEASE TAKE YOUR SYMPTOMS SERIOUSLY BEFORE ITS TO LATE!!

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website