Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Does anyone take Linzess?
alberta24 posted:
And does it help? I really really need some help. Please if you can, give me some feed back on this. Alberta

maienlibrarian responded:
I started taking LINZESS about three weeks ago. It has been very helpful to me. Gas and bloating have been considerably reduced. I would estimate that gas has been reduced by about 75%.

I started at the lower dose (145 MCG0. At first, I immediately got the runs. However, after a few days, that reaction stopped and, while it helped my gas, it did nothing for the constipation. I am now easing myself up to the higher dose. I do NOT recommend taking the higher dose immediately, no matter how constipated you are. Start with the lower dose and see what your reaction is.

Talk to your doctor about it. Mine did not hesitate to prescribe it.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website