Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Freezing after gastric bypass
cismith54 posted:
Hi everyone,
I am 58 and 11 years post gastric bypass. My diabetes is gone, high blood pressure was gone but going up a little, and my sleep apnea is gone BUT I AM FREEZING ALL THE TIME!!! I am actually looking forward to the HOT FLASHES of menopause. I have not mentioned it to my doc yet but after doing some reading today I think I will as I will be going on an Alaska cruise/tour in June. I don't want to be miserable. If anyone has had some success in overcoming this, please advise.

ohmygerd responded:
I lost 60 pounds due to digestive issues and since the weight loss I am ALWAYS freezing. I am feeling somewhat better but I am blaming the temperature issues on the weight loss. Hate the winter, cannot tolerate being out in the cold.

calgal37 responded:
Do check with your doctor. It's possible the discomfort could be the result of thyroid or other change.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website