Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Gastroparesis? Help!
jleigh111 posted:
I'm a 32 year old female with constant nausea and heartburn. I was being treated for gastroparesis with Erythromycin because I take Lamictal for a seizure disorder and was told for that reason I couldn't take Reglan that is normally used to treat gastroparesis. The Erythromycin was working well for me for a few weeks but I developed some bowel irregularities and was told from the beginning that this wouldn't be a long term solution to the problem anyways. I guess my questions are:

1. What are the reasons that Reglan can't be used for patients with a seizure disorder? (or are there any?)
2. Is there a connection between gastroparesis and the seizure medication Lamictal (Lamotrigine)?
3. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to treat gastroparesis aside from changes in diet? I feel like I've tried everything with no relief.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated

Anon_125043 responded:
This shall help:
http://sunild1204.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/acidic-stomachdyspepsiahyper-aciditystomach-problems/

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 123 found this helpful