Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Rectum not opening
alberta24 posted:
I know this sounds crazy but I think my rectum will not open to allow
anything to come out. Has anyone ever heard of this? I had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. I eat fiber all time, drink alot of water, also drink the meds the doc gave me twice a day & nothing. I am lactose intolerant also but I think I will eat something with dairy in it tonight just to see if that will help. I hate being in pain but I can not stand feeling this way. Please help. Alberta

calgal37 responded:
Alberta, it's not crazy. Sometimes the coordination between the internal and external sphincters in the rectum do not work correctly. I'm assuming you have constipation from what you're saying in your post, is that correct? What meds did the doc give you? Has the doc suggested you do a marker test? Or has the possibility of pelvic floor muscle dysfunction been discussed or checked? If you're lactose intolerant, have you been checked for casein (the major protein in dairy) intolerance? Some with constipation issues have found they cannot consume dairy in general due to the problem with casein. It can cause constipation and other problems..

alberta24 replied to calgal37's response:
I went back to see my doctor. Nothing is wrong with me. Thank God. He did change my meds though. He put me Lactulose 2x a day. Does anyone know anything about this?I have not taken any of it yet. So please hurry & answer. Alberta

alberta24 replied to alberta24's response:
Don't worry about answering the question. I can not take it. It has lactose in it & I can not have anything with lactose in it. I guess the name should have told me but I read up on it to make sure. Thanks Alberta

georgiagail replied to wellnesstoday's response:
spam

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website