Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Nausea and throwing out for the past week
An_240277 posted:
We had a party on Sunday night (17th) and 18th I was travelling to CA (2 hour short flight). Around lunch time, i started feeling Nausea and could not eat my lunch.

18th: picked up over the counter digestive medicine and went back to hotel at 3PM. Threw out the digestive medicine. did not eat anything that day

19th: ate some fruits and milk; was okay till afternoon. At 3pm picked up some rice and had half plate; sat till 10PM, felt inconvinient, but did not threw out

20th: not felt right, again just ate some fruits and milk; it was okay, but did not eat much..

21st: ate small bread with milk, fruits and flew back to my home town.. had little bit of white rice

22nd: went to the hospital to see; they had blood and urine tests, everything came normal. They also did CT Scan..

Here are the findings:
Comparison: None
Liver: Negative
Gallbladder/biliary: Negative
Spleen: Negative
Adrenals: Negative
Pancres: Negative
Kideneys: A right renal cyst is present. smaller hypodense lesions in the right kidney are too small to characterize.

Bowel: The right colon is tortuous with the cecum in a high position. A calcification present in the right lower abdomen and on series 2 image 40 measuring 8x2mm is most consistent with an appendicolith. There is extensive stranding and fluid around this region. This is most consistent with apendicitis.

But doctor said, that i need to see the surgeon on Wednesday. i heard if it s Appendicitis, it need to be treated within 24 hours?

I don't have severe pain. I was given anti biotics. I am feeling so tired, could not eat much. Any help will be appreciated.

BTW, two other people who came to that party had motions for 3-4 days after that. I hope it is just food poison.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website