Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
heartburn/belching
Coffeelover111 posted:
I have been suffering from heartburn my whole life, i am 24 right now, and i remember my mom taking me to the pediatrician as a child because of heartburn. i have had bad luck with Drs because all they tell me is to stay off of spicy food. but the thing is, everything i eat either gives me gas, usually belching, or bad heart burn. recently when i burp, and i have too much food in my stomach, the food will come up into my throat. Now, I've read about Barrett's esophagus, and i am terrified that i am at risk, even though I'm in my 20's. I am in the process of changing my Dr, because he didn't seem too concerned. I also get constipated, especially if i don't have my coffee in the morning. Due to constipation, i have hemorrhoids, although that has seemed to not be very much of an issue anymore. This week I've had bad episodes of heartburn and belching, I just don't know what to do anymore. Any one with similar issue have any advice or comments?

Ive tried papaya enzymes, and probiotics, these only seem to help a little bit

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website