Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Non-Functioning Gallbladder
OUCloud2 posted:
I had an ultra-sound - no stones nor the gallbladder showed up , they even had 2 techs check - still nothing.

I also had the Hida scan - Nothing - no Stones nor Gallbladder showed up, they had 4 radidologist check and not one could find the gallbladder.

They did say that surgery is still most likely to remove it.

Other than a few bouts of nausea /vomiting and what to me feels like a pulled muscle -or the pain of what one feels like being pulled, that's all I've felt. Since cutting fried / spice / red meat out of my diet in the past few days , I haven't had any more issues.

The tech thinks what happened is - the pain i felt was probably when it quit working totally. It just simply deflated and never reflated with meals.

Anyone else have a Ultra-sound / Hida scan that turned out like mine?

Please respond

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website