Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Unknown Abdominal/Colon Pain. Please Help!
ram2390 posted:
Ok, so whenever I eat something, usually 1-3 hours afterwards, especially at night, my abdomen bloats, i get the occasional pinching feeling around my belly button (colon?) and I hear gurgling sounds. I have a total loss of appetite and sometimes feel like I have to defecate, but usually I just fart gas and nothing comes out. When I do defecate, its usually once a day and the stools are pale-ish color. Any ideas what this could be? IBS? Diverticulutis, etc?? Could it be liver damage?Thanks!!!

calgal37 responded:
Pale colored or very light colored stools - more on the 'whitish' side - can be due to a lack of release of bile. The yellow-green bile mixes with food and as the enzymes work to digest it, the bile slowly turns to a brownish color - the color we associate with a normal stool. If you've got stool color change, please check with your doc and have some tests run.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website