Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Rotten Egg Burps
Mvrouse1234 posted:
I have been experiencing bouts of nausea, burping that tastes like rotten eggs or sulfur, & have had stomach aches on & off. This has happened to me so many times now that I am contantly feeling sick. I have even thrown up a few times from it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

calgal37 responded:
Have you checked in with your doc? Any tests run or suggestions made? In some with the 'burps' it can be traced back to acid reflux or gallbladder issues.

Mvrouse1234 replied to calgal37's response:
My doctor has run all sorts of blood tests & nothing comes back abnormal. I even had an ultra sound done of my gallbladder, liver, kidneys, & spleen & everything came back normal. I am having an Upper Endoscopy done in the next few weeks. Meanwhile the doctor has put me on Compozine to help with constant nausea.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website