Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Diagnosed with Gerd
toucharose posted:
I have had digestive challenges for years, I had my gallbladder removed two years ago and started experiencing severe pain in my throat and chest. It started as a pulsating pain in my chest and throat, now I have pain daily. I was diagnosed with Gerd without an examination, only after explaining my symptoms to my doctor. I have been taking Prilosec for more than a month with no relief. I have starting taking hydrocodone for the pain which seems to help temporarily. Recently, I started taking apple cider vinegar and honey, but it seems not to help the pain in my chest and throat, my thought is that the vinegar is to harsh for me at this stage, my plan is to have an endoscopy to see what damage has been done. Has anyone heard that vinegar could be more damaging than beneficial? I have also considered the Aloe cure is this a good direction to take ? I am hesitant to have the endoscopy if something else would work.. Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful.

Jaytex responded:
I had my gallbladder out at age 19, from calcium stones. It has affected my last 27 years in a variety of ways, and now mostly is manifested in IBS during stressful periods of my life.....Luckily, I have not experienced GERD symptoms....

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website