Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
newly diagnosed and scared
scaredtodeath posted:
Hi. My mom died from colon cancer at age 42. She had ulcerative colitis first. I was diagnosed last week with UC, and gatritis. *8 days in hospital. with 2 antibiotics running IV all 8 days. Went in hospital with 8-12 BM's daily. Diarrhea, green, or pasty peach color, small amount each time. On day 7, BM's slowed, started to thicken. Sent me home on day 8 with no meds at all, not even oral antibiotics. Day 5 out of hospital, same symptoms start again. Yesterday Dr. put me on Flagyl again for 14 days, then off to a gastroenterologist My question is, has anyone of you had this happen. I eat, and within a hour or two, feel pressure.dull ache in my hips and butt. Go have a BM and it is nothing like a BM. Little bit of light green,light orange funny looking stuff. When I wiped today it was nothing but mucus and clear looking stuff. Please, have any of you had anything like this? .All help is truly appreciated. I am afraid of all this. Thank all of you for anything you can offer

Rhema responded:
Yes, this is familiar. Lots of options--Try probiotics- wheat/gluten free diet/l-glutamine supplements- Will pray for you!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website