Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
newly diagnosed and scared
scaredtodeath posted:
Hi. My mom died from colon cancer at age 42. She had ulcerative colitis first. I was diagnosed last week with UC, and gatritis. *8 days in hospital. with 2 antibiotics running IV all 8 days. Went in hospital with 8-12 BM's daily. Diarrhea, green, or pasty peach color, small amount each time. On day 7, BM's slowed, started to thicken. Sent me home on day 8 with no meds at all, not even oral antibiotics. Day 5 out of hospital, same symptoms start again. Yesterday Dr. put me on Flagyl again for 14 days, then off to a gastroenterologist My question is, has anyone of you had this happen. I eat, and within a hour or two, feel pressure.dull ache in my hips and butt. Go have a BM and it is nothing like a BM. Little bit of light green,light orange funny looking stuff. When I wiped today it was nothing but mucus and clear looking stuff. Please, have any of you had anything like this? .All help is truly appreciated. I am afraid of all this. Thank all of you for anything you can offer

Rhema responded:
Yes, this is familiar. Lots of options--Try probiotics- wheat/gluten free diet/l-glutamine supplements- Will pray for you!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 123 found this helpful