Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Gerd symptoms
toucharose posted:
I had my GB removed 2 yrs ago. Prior to the surgery I belched excessively for about 8 years without the reflux maybe three times I actually felt the burning in my throat . After the surgery I began having severe heartburn and pain in my chest, at first I thought it was my heart or spasms.. I had a painful pulsating in my throat. My doctor also diagnosed me with Gerd based solely on my symptoms. I have been taking Prilosec for months with no relief . The heartburn, pulsating pain and hoarseness in my throat is really ruining my life. It was suggested that I have the endoscopy I am really concerned about possible damage to my esophagus ..has anyone experienced esophagus spasms ?

Take the Poll

Can anyone advise
  • Any suggestions on what may be happening?
  • Could I be having esophagus spasms
vote
View Poll Results

Justhealthier responded:
My advice would be have the endoscopy done. They can also do a 24 hour ph probe to actually test the acid in your stomach.

Unless they do the endoscopy they are only guessing you have GERD. All my doctors thought I had GERD even though I never acid reflex, they put me on Nexium to no avail. They did the ph probe and the endoscopy I did not have GERD but they found 3 small ulcers in my small intestines and H-pylori.

Please do the test so you can be treated properly and not be just guessing.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website