Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Anal Fissures that won't go away, very painful, tearing.
USA28 posted:
Hello, I am 29 year olds. Do not have health insurance, and poor. So I try to avoid going to the doctor unless it is very severe.

All my life, I have constipation. I admit this is due to my unhealthy eating pattern with lots of meat, and no vegetables. I have diagnosed with anal fissures before by family doctor. My bowel movement is like once every three day. And when I pass stool, I strain and push a lot, and it cause bleeding, and extreme anus pain.

Lately for the past one month, it is getting bad, very painful when passing stool, and I can feel it tearing, and saw bright red blood drops in the toilet bowl.

No other pain or discomfort when eating or digestion, so I am sure that my anal fissures is coming back to haunt me, lol.
So my a few questions I want to ask. Can I just try a healthy diet and let the fissures heal? I know it will take weeks.
If I don't get this treated, it is possible to died from loosing blood? Can anal fissures itself cause anemia?

Any input is greatly appreciated, and thank you for reading.

calgal37 responded:
You might want to consider following a better diet and perhaps add a stool softener. Fissures can be very painful, but they don't typically bleed to the point you will have extreme blood loss so don't worry about dying from loss of blood.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website