Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
I am at my wits end with my issues
An_251581 posted:
Here is a brief recap of what I have been going through since December.

My husband and I went out to eat at a local Chinese buffet right before Christmas and as we were leaving I had a loud huge growl from my stomach which promptly brought about watery diarrhea, so my assumption was food poisoning. The only problem is that my issues haven't gone away.

My Doctor did all the stool tests and deducted that I had temporary lactose intolerance and told me to stay away from diary or take lactaid, which seemed to help but still not normal.

We tried a cycle of Cipro and I started to take probiatics which seemed to help the loose stools but now every thing I eat starts extremely loud rumblings from my stomach and intestines and the gas is terrible plus least to say embarrassing.

I also take Crestor 10mg a day and Avapro 75mg a day and fr herbal supplements I take 2000mg of cinnamon and chromium to regulate my blood sugar which runs a tad high.

I am going to schedule a colonoscopy since colon cancer runs in my family, but in the mean time does anyone have any idea on what could be going on or what I can do to stop me from going crazy?

Meeralee responded:
read on celiac disease, may be an intolerance to wheat. not a doctor but sounds like some of my symptoms.

An_252042 responded:
I also out of the blue started having similar symptoms, after 17 years they finally found the gastrinoma, yes was looking for it all those years. Like you I was tested for every thing, dairy, wheat, all food etc. finally one doctor did a gastrin blood test, normal is below 100. Mine was over 4000, until they found the tumor I just took 40mg of Prevacid every day, issue cleared right up

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website