Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
return of palpitations
mikayelsalomon posted:
posted a couple of years ago with a long comment that's probably been removed, i used to reduce food intake to less than 2000kcal a day palpitations reduced at night but so did my weight by 2 or 3 stone "not good" i used to eat the same food groups daily untill i got sectioned i went nuts in hospital and pigged out breaking food records patients looked on in amazement "how much bread is he eating woew he just eat 3 or 4 puddings in a row" the palpitations stopped all strange sore tickly pains in the chest disappeared within 2 days of being hospitalised oh and i smoked like a chimney the only medication i took was 30mg lanzoprazole once daily "still do". 1 year later and palpitations have returned couldn't get to sleep for 4 hours because of them and i took the daily precautions eating my final supper meal of around 1000kcal lol 5 hours before bedtime i only snack on a banana 1 hour 30 minutes after final meal to neutralise and try to stop digestive juices from coming up when i'm lying down weird my heart was pounding all night within 20 minutes of lying down acid refluxed onto sore lesions ulcers or swollen asophagael thats what the palpitations are from "i believe" dont know what to do next maybe reduce carbs a little and final meal 5 and a half hours before bed instead of 5. cutting orange juice and caffeine out completely help.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website