Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
I've been diagnosed with Fatty Liver
Baller posted:
I've been diagnosed with Fatty Liver and and really cut down on my drinking. I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday and have event this evening and will be drinking. How badly will this reflect on blood test on Wed? (today is Sat).

Sannddee responded:
Baller, why on earth would you try to fool your doctor? How is he supposed to correctly diagnosis your problems(and I do mean problems, plural). Because if you we're told not to drink alcohol, then you already have your first problem. And believe me from experience, I now have cirrhosis of the liver and I no longer drink alcohol. Not because my doctor says so but because I want to live. Please, please, please, do not try to fool your doctor, because you are only fooling yourself. Good luck and I pray for you to realize the seriousness of your condition. Sannddee

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website