Digestive Issues-undiagnosed
realrachel78 posted:
Hi I am a 34 year old woman and for the last several years I have noticed certain foods have begun to make me sick. Particularly-anything greasy or fat, spicy foods, large amounts of red meat regardless of how they are cooked, and desserts from restaurants. I can eat ice cream at home or candy bars etc but if I get a dessert with ice cream, cool whip, chocolate syrup etc my stomach is not happy. large amounts of caffiene and alcohol are also not tolerated well. Generally an hour to a few hours after eating these foods my stomach starts to cramp. Then I have several episodes of diarrhea. Greasy food brings it on the fastest so I don't eat fast food or even restaurant food much anymore. I don't drink beer anymore because of the same issue. I don't think it is lactose intolerance because I can eat all the cheese and drink all the milk I want. Sometimes the nausea and cramps can last a few days. Generally the diarrhea is over after 2-3 bouts but I feel like crap the next day. I have stopped eating most fried foods, spicy-but I love hot wings , and like I said I don't eat at many restuarants. Certain restaurants make me sick no matter what I eat, like Golden Corral. But even doing all this foods still make me sick such as pork steak baked in the oven, large amounts of red meat make me sick! I hate giving up spicy food as I love it but the last time I had it I felt like I was dying! Any thoughts or advice? Haven't seen a doctor just yet.

An_252027 responded:
I have had some similar symptoms and it turned out I have lactose intolerance and maybe irritable bowel syndrome. You might want to check out information on irritable bowel syndrome so that you can discuss the possibility of it being that before your doctor's appointment. I hope this helps you get some relief.