Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Bowel problems digestive disorder and difficulty having bowl movements
An_252071 posted:
I am afraid to write this but here goes. About a year and a half ago I had an emblematic hernia repaired. I think that is what it is called it's around the navel. Since then I have had trouble with bowl movements from constipation to diarrhea. I have been to my doctor and recently had a colonoscopy where they found a polyp and it was benign. He told me everything is fine. my doctor told me months ago to try laxatives and enemas to go. It still takes for ever. It sometimes takes hours to feel liek I might be finished. I have been falling asleep on the commode and have fallen off and have hurt myself. I have a bad neck from surgeries and I feel forward and hit my head on sheet rock and have hit it so hard I have gone through the drywall in front of me. Right now I am scared to go anywhere far. or near. I plan on fasting for two days before my doctors appointment like I did when I had my colonoscopy, I am afraid, I am 60 years old and my wife and kids have worried about me for months. I use to be active walking 8 miles a day with my dog. Now I am afraid to go out of the house. At this point I don't care what they do just want to be able to go places and do thing. I want to walk my dog without fear of messing my pants because of problems are one day constipation and the next diarrhea or both. I am sorry I don't know the terminology for any of this. I feel ashamed and humiliated. The last time I went to the doctor I put a small trash can in the car with a bad in it and it hit me that I had to go I covered myself and sat on the bucket. When I got to the doctor I was fine. I take a change of clothes and soap and towel and wash cloth so I can change in the woods if I have to. I need help and hope right now, My depression is so deep from pain and now this I don't know if I want to go on but I believe in God and that this is something I can get help with in time. I want to walk in the woods and camp and do things like travel again. I wouldn't think twice about getting up saying lets go to Florida and go. Now I am afraid to go get me eyes tested.

TheGoldenGirl responded:
I was so scared in the beginning to, its the fear of not knowing for me. I got diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 1999 & wasted a lot of time & jeopardized my health trying to find different Dr's to help me. The best advice I can give you is go to Mayo clinic, I went to Rochester, MN but there is also one in FL & AZ. They're the best & wish I could've gone sooner, but I didn't have insurance. They truly saved my life & evaluated my whole body. I hope I'm wrong, but sounds like Crohn's Disease & its common to get it in your 20's & 60's, research it, the only way to truly know is to have a colonoscopy & do a biopsy. I have an ileostomy, so no more constant bathroom trips but it has completely changed my life! I wish you lots of luck, any questions don't hesitate to ask, I love to help

Bicaci replied to TheGoldenGirl's response:
I discovered I also had Crohn's when I was 60 years old. At 15 I had a terrible pain where they decided to cut part of my intestine. A doctor in Italy prescribed shots of Metheonine, B12, and Vitamine K. It was a two week treatment and I was brand new. I could eat any thing I wanted and nothing bothered my stomach. No acidity or reflex. I was good for 3 years and did it again and was good for another 3 years. I learned that the Doctors here are drug trained and don't know any thing about nutrition. I was in Mayo Clinic and after all the study they prescribed Pantessa. It never agreed with me so I didn't take it. After a long doctor search and drugs I was getting very sick and missing a lot of work days I located a pill called Liver Support Factor by Country Life. I experimented and recovered my health very quickly. I could not convince the Mayo Clinic doctor that nutrition can do the job better than drugs. The effects of the pills for me was: Stop acidity and acid reflex, makes my intestine work like never before very healthy, remove muscle and joint pain, memory started to work I avoided Ginko Biloba, stopped my stomach inflammation where I couldn't swallow, and removed depression. My interpretation is all those symptoms are liver function related. Once the liver is cleaned the symptoms goes away. I never had my intestine cut but I did have raptured appendix which they think the condition of Crohn's may have caused it. Taking care of the liver helps the symptoms of Crohn's. I was lucky to be treated by a doctor in Italy with nutrition and never had to cut into my intestines.

Bicaci responded:
One of the helpful fruit I found is Papaya and cooked fresh beets. It helps regulate the digestion and removes constipation. The important issue is the liver. I started to take Liver Support Factor by Country Life and it regulated my intestines. But Papaya and the pills changed my bathroom problems. I also discovered at 60 that I had Crohn's disease. I got a lot of testing and doctors they all made me sicker. This pills restored my health. I first experimented since I was familiar with the ingredients and it worked for me. The first thing I noticed it stopped acidity and acid reflex which by it self is a miracle. My intestines worked like never before except when I was very young. I learned from a doctor that constipation is stress related. Also liver causes depression and fogy memory. Doctors have a lot to learn but I don't have the time to deal with them. I just follow with blood test and if need to have a scan. Good luck to you.

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website