Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Anyone know...
nic14120 posted:
I am 35 yr old female. I eat a high fiber diet. I have not had a change in my diet, but for the last few days I have had a dull ache under my left breaat, where my stomach is. I do notice i can burp a lot as well. My stool is the same, normal, and i can go 2-3x a day. I can feel gas pains throughout my stomach area, but tr discomfort stems from where my stomach is. I am currently ovulating,and do have PCoS but never have issues like this. Anyone have any ideas as to what this is? I need to go out of town at the end of the week and may not be able to get ro a dr til next week.

roxanne777 responded:
Is the pain under your left breast a throbbing pain? If so you nmay want to get an ultrasound for pancreatitis. I had the same symptoms and within days of going to the dr. I had ppancreatitis....

latelinda1946 responded:
Also, if you have have symptoms of IBS, could be spleenic flucture, where colon goes around spleen in upper left quadrant. I have had acute pancreatitis and pain was extreme. I had my entire colon removed and was told I had a genetic defect where my colon did backward loops in both right and left, where it usually is straight then curves. I had pain for many years, that would usually start about15 minutes after starting eating. Anyway, do not guess, see a doctor and have some tests to determine cause. Could also be an ulcer, best to know for sure as it could be something easily treated with meds.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website