Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
IBS, Chrohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, Cancer, Pancreatitis, Celiac, Hypochondria?
An_252388 posted:
Had my gallbladder removed about 15 years ago not because of gallstones, it was just not functioning. Surgeon said that it was infected and stuck to other organs. Recovered nicely from it and haven't missed it at all. Have always had bouts of diarrhea and occasional constipation...relatable to stress, possibly food allergies. I was diagnosed with Seronegative RA 6 years ago. Methotrexate and folic acid have worked well for me with no real side effects. Celebrex and Advil work to keep my joints moving and free of pain. Thankful! About two years ago, I began experiencing the very same pain I had before my gallbladder was removed....dull ache in right upper quadrant. I mentioned to my rheumatologist who referred me to gastro. He gave me a RX for Nexium and said to come back if it didn't get better. It got better, then came back, then went away, then came back. The pain started radiating to my back a few months ago, but still just dull pain. I made another appointment with the gastro. He kind of lectured me for not coming back sooner. And, started asking all kinds of questions to find out if it could be something serious.. which I answered: negative light colored stools, negative bleeding (never have had blood, confirmed by rectum exams at gyno), negative weight loss, negative to smoking, negative to being overweight....just this annoying pain in the RUQ. So, we scheduled a colonoscopy and endoscopy for next week and I'm scared... thinking that I should have acted two years ago. Thoughts anyone?

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website