Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Rectal Bleeding experrnce.
An_252428 posted:
Feedback and comments on what would you do and what should I do.

I called the doctor that had performed my first(10 yrs ago) & second(2 yrs ago) colonoscopy to set up an appointment because I was having rectal bleeding that seemed to be excessive.
Because two yrs prior to this I had a similar occurrence that was not as much blood but went on over a month before calling and after having a colonoscopy the diagnosis was most likely due hemorrhoids, I felt that I needed to see a doctor to get reassurence that this was again hemorrhoidal bleeding and nothing more serious. When I called this doctor's office I was confronted with a similar way of handeling a call like mind. Question: What was the reason for the appointment? I said I was having large amounts of blood in the toilet after my bowel movement where the throat of the toilet could not be seen and I had
had a colonoscopy 2 yrs ago that showed no adnormallities. I mentioned that I thought it was most likely hemorrhoids and I called only because there was a lot of blood. I was then connected to a nurse that asked me a series of detailed questions. I told this nurse that this occurence was quite different that between Monday night and the Tuesday folowing untill now Wenesday morning I had had 6 X's passing large amounts a blood but the last time it seemed to be subsiding. She imformed me she would talk to the doctor and call me back. When she called me back she told me the doctor said I needed to go to the emergency room to be evaluated. I then told her I didn't think this was an emergency I just wanted to see the doctor that I had believed it was subsiding. She then repeated the doctor's instructions to go to the emergency room. I hung up the phone in disbeleife. The next day I get a call from the doctor's nurse and asked how I was. I told her I was much better and it look like the bleeding had stopped. She said the doctor would like me to have a blood test done to make
sure I was not animic. So I agreed I would go an get the blood test which was on Friday. I then call the doctor's office on the folowing Monday to get the results but didn't get the call back from the nurse until Tuesday informing me that it was normal. She then told me if
this happened again that the doctor said to call...and she rattled off three names that I had to get her to repeat. I looked these doctors up and found them to be rectal surgeons.

My BM's I feel are not as they should be as of this posting haven't had any bleeding. All I want to do is sit down in a doctor's office and give the medical history of this problem so I can be informed as to how to adress this problem. I have set up an appointment for my anaul which will be in two months. I was reluctant to try to see my Internest before this and tell why I was making the appointment because of
fear of being told I need to see that other doctor.

One thing I would like to say I don't like having to call a doctor from my work place exspecialy dealing with a problem like this.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website