Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
8months of pain- advice?!
apollymi_aquarius9008 posted:
I am having a lot of stomach issues. I've had soft, smeary greenish stool which turns into diarrhea every now and again since November. I went to my doc to address the issue in February and to find out why I was also have horrible pains on my right side and an inability to drink alcohol without getting violently painful stomach cramps, starting to sweat & shake. I've never been much of a drinker and up until my stomach issues started, I had been fine with it. He did bloodwork and pressed on my stomach and did not find anything. He told me to try more fiber in my diet which did not do anything.
My doc referred me to a gastro doc who did a colonoscopy and blood work and did not find anything either. On the follow up a couple weeks later he did not address any of my issues. He just stated that they did not find anything and everything was normal. He then tried to RX me pain killers for my discomfort and a very strong probiotic. After talking to my insurance and finding out neither were covered, I went an alternate route and found Florajen 3. I've been taking it for 5 days and thus far I have not noticed any changes besides feeling bloated (which may also be attributed to my cycle starting soon), cramps in my upper right rib cage, and being constipated. I have never had an issue in my life of being stopped up but now I am. I have not gone to the bathroom in 3 days except for yesterday when I had a tiny attempt at cleaning myself out.

Is this normal for Florajen 3 to do this? How long does it usually take a probiotic to work? I am on Provera for PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) but other than that I am not on any medications. I am only 23 which my doctor found to be rather young for any issue to be occurring.

I still have all my organs, never had a surgery, never really been sick in my life. I went to the ER about a week before I saw the gastro doc and they "checked" my gallbladder, liver, appendix, intestines, stomach, and bladder and did not find anything wrong. I went in because I could not move from the pain in my stomach. I've been having these issues for almost 8months now and they seem to be getting worse. The pain has been pretty constant lately unlike before were it would come and go. It's not always as intense and it has been, sometimes it's barely a discomfort, but I do not know what to do. I don't have money to throw away on doctors. Any advice?

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website