Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Not pregnant but always gassy and considering anti gas medication but can they help?
An_252537 posted:
I'm very embarrassed to say that I'm a gassy 23 year old female. I hate it because I always try to hold it in but I always get pain and the gas usually slips out anyway. I'm not pregnant and I eat healthy foods and on some days when I don't eat much but drink water I'm still gassy. Even after or during sex I'm letting out air. Any suggestions on what I can do? I hope anti gas medication won't make it worse.

kookies responded:
hello. I have the same problem. I am 43 and am like the gassiest person in the world. My husband gets so mad at me sometimes....It is so embarrasing. I told my doc and he told me to take the over the counter gasx which I do but more times than not it is not working. So if you have any good ideas let me know and I will with you as well. you are not alone.

sheba_q replied to kookies's response:
Gas is usually a sign that your system isn't digesting something properly, and it doesn't always happen immediately after eating. Have either of you had any food testing done?

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website