Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Newly Diagnosed: lymphocytic colitis
Twinsmommy05 posted:
Hi there! I'm 31 years old and I was diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis today. From what I'm reading it's a rare inflammatory bowel disease, also known as microscopic colitis. I also read that it is typically diagnosed in women 50+ years old. Does anyone have experience with this? I've already tried some if the recommendations including dietary changes (I'm living on mashed potatoes and applesauce because anything else causes horrible pain, nausea, and diarrhea). I've also tried Imodium and metamucil/benefiber? Every day is a fight to stay hydrated and away from the hospital for IV fluids.

calgal37 responded:
Although much of the literature says it's rare, that doesn't seem to be the case since it's being seen more and more often. Sit and talk with your doctor about some of the medications that are typically used for forms of IBD can be used to help to bring the situation under control.

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website