Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Slow Digestion and related pain?
An_252647 posted:
Hi All,

I am a female, age 29, and thought I was in good shape. I run marathons and eat almost completely organic and stay away from red meats entirely. I recently had an ovarian cyst burst and it resulted in a night of violent vomiting, nausea, and a fitful night in the ER. Afterwards I noticed that after I ate I felt extremely bloated and was in a lot of pain after meals. It felt as though I had a large build up of pressure and needed to burp constantly and when I did I occasionally spit up undigested food. I went to the doctor numerous times and the recent diagnosis is that my stomach is digesting food very slowly. I was prescribed a pill to take and its stayed about the same. Recently though I have been developing chest pains/shortness of breath/pain while breathing and even woke up once or twice struggling for air. I checked the new prescription and my birth control in case they caused shortness of breath and neither did. Could these symptoms be related? If so, what would be the best way to treat this?

Thanks!

sheba_q responded:
Have you taken any antibiotics or any other meds recently? What did the doctor prescribe?

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website