Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Tests to determine why almost everything gives me terrible gas
bitco555 posted:
I used to have gas so terrible that I spent most of the day at work in the bathroom with terrible cramps, and would pass gas so loudly that I was afraid people would hear me. I was taking probiotics, beano, gasx, & lactaid and nothing would help. The only thing that got me down to a normal amount of gas was to eat only rice, meat, squash, zuchinni, and tomatoes. I have been lactose intolerant for many years, and lettuce & citrus goes right through me with bad cramping (other family members can't eat lettuce either) There is obviously something seriously wrong with my digestive system. This hit when I was about 45. So my question is this, is there some kind of blood test I can take that can tell me what is wrong with my digestive system? Maybe my pancreas, intestines, or liver are screwed up? My doctor suggested a colonoscopy, but I don't know how that could tell me why I can't digest just about anything without getting insane amounts of gas.

georgiagail responded:
A blood test would be useless in giving you the answer you seek.

Gail

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website