Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Help diagnose me/constant D :(
vanzant posted:
Hello, I used to have diarrhea just in the mornings and now I have it all throughout the day. Believe it or not, water makes it worse. In fact, the only way to control it is to drink very little water, which I realize is not healthy.
My blood tests are normal. A colonoscopy has been scheduled but the doctor admits he does not expect to find anything abnormal.
First line treatments have done nothing-- calcium, probiotics, immodium, pepto bismol, hyoscamine, fiber, etc.
Any ideas what this could be?

Larry_Hoberman responded:
Hi vanzant: Sorry to read about all of the uncomfortable problems you've had recently with diarrhea. You mentioned in your post that had tried a number of things, including a probiotic. Before you give up on probiotics, let me suggest that you try one that contains multiple strains of bacteria. Studies have shown how probiotics help to boost the balance of beneficial bacteria that may curtail or prevent diarrhea. http://www.endomune.com/blog/2013/06/10-reasons-everyone-should-take-a-probiotic/

Please keep me posted on your health, or if you have any other questions about probiotics.

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website