Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Could chest tightness be digestive related?
An_251027 posted:
I'm going to try to make this as short as possible.
I have had chest tightness for about a month now. I've had the following tests:
Chest ct, numerous chest xrays (different doctors), allergy test, heart sonogram, ekg, brain ct, and blood tests.
All of them came back fine.
I take omeprazole for reflux/heartburn and lopressor for my blood pressure.
When I say chest tightness, I don't mean pain. It doesn't hurt. It's just a tight feeling that makes me feel as if it's harder to breathe, but I'm really breathing fine - I suppose. All of the oxygen levels have been good too. The allergy doctor gave me singulair and dulera inhaler to use, but really no diagnoses.
I will also note, it seems to feel better after I eat. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

mattcrocker responded:
I also have a lot of the same symptoms and have had some of the same test and I also take omeprazole for acid reflux. pretty much the same everything except the blood pressure medicine. I have recently started going to a chiropractor which has help me realize how much an out of line spine can affect your digestive balance. my spine between my shoulder blades constantly feels sore and this particular part of the spine is the digestive area. after each visit with the chiropractor I feel better and do believe that with continued visits i will be much better for it. He also had me start taking a supplement called zypan which is a natural enzyme that helps food digest. It's something that your body already produces anyway so its natural. it is supposed to help clear out your stomach instead of food just hanging out there. I also have recently learned that I take in too much sugar which also can slow down the digestive process.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website