Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stomach ulcer, enlarged spleen or what?
skale_14 posted:
Hello.

I am a heavy drinker and a smoker, 25 years old. Last month I was diagnosed with a spleen "ready to enlarge". Back then, I had nausea, aversion to food while not hungry - especially after eating, loss of appetite and strong heart beats. I stopped drinking for less than a month and I was just fine.

When I started drinking heavily again, I also strated having the same symptoms as they began in the first place, but this time they were progressing more quickly. Although the first time the coughing needed five months to progress to nausea and loss of appetite, now it happened within just a few days. I never throw up though. I can also feel my heart beating no matter where I place my hand on the abdominal area.

I also have some kind of abdominal pain. It is in the left side, below the rib cage and above the navel. It seems to be changing positions, because yesterday it was next to the diaphragm. It isn't severe, but it feels like stabbing. Could the stomach cause such kind of pain?

What is the risk of perforation for me?

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website