Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
I am a mess.
jblue48 posted:
I have had diarrhea for a month. I am having a terrible case of diverticulitis. I have diabetes and take 4 metformin/day with sugar still high. My triglycerides are 500. I had inguinal hernia surgery on 12 Apr. I am still very swelled with fluid in my side and scrotum with sharp pains at times.
I had a sigmoid colectomy in 1991 and they found peritonitis and gangrene at the juncture of my transverse and descending colon. I am trying to get an appt with an endocrinologist. I had a colonoscopy last year. He found a couple of polyps. He determined my upper abdomen at the time to be erosive gastritis. I have also been diagnosed with clinical depression. HELP!!!

artfullofheart responded:
Hi,
For now try Glutamine, micronized kind, cheapest, Walmarts 100 grams $11.99. Start at 1/2 tsp..3-4 times day 1/2-1 hr BEFORE eating. Glutamine, amino acid or protein building block produced by body. Supports immune, digestive & nervous system & removes excess ammonia from body. Glutamine helps replenish low levels due to injuries, diseases and prolonged stress.
Glutamine important amino acid. Regulates body's pH, or the balance of acids & bases, required for proper function of cells, diet of acid/alkaline 20% acid & 80% alkaline best Google Acid/ Alkaline Foods). Helps regulate blood glucose levels & converts to glucose or energy for the body as needed. Glutamine supports the HGH (human growth hormone) secretion.
IMMUNE, NERVOUS & DIGESTIVE SYSTEMGlutamine provides many health benefits to immune & nervous digestive system. Helps clear excess ammonia from body that at high levels is toxic to brain & nerves. Helps protect lining of intestinal tract from damage from certain medications & peptic ulcers by University of Maryland Medical Center. Glutamine supports immune system, helps prevent infections & beneficial in recovery from severe burns.
Really helped me for my stomach problems & my depression (but get help for depression) & cognitive therapy, which helps you deal with problems, worries & stresses and is free most cities..Cog. Therapy is done by a regular nurse or occupational therapist & is no big deal, very helpful. Glusamine, (NOT Glucosamine) majorly helped my husband with healing his inflamation of stomach lining when no other prescription meds would.

EROSIVE GASTRITIS is inflammation of stomach lining (stomach mucosa) that may be acute or chronic erosive (loss of mucosal tissue).

Common cause of both acute & chronic erosive gastritis is prolonged use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's). Many other causes.
Gastritis a condition in which stomach lining - mucosa - is inflamed. Stomach lining contains special cells that produce acid & enzymes, that break down food for digestion & mucus, that protects stomach lining from acid. When stomach lining is inflamed, it produces less acid, enzymes & mucus.

We (recommended by doctors) take Probiotics..after much research we found Natural Factors: Double Strength ULTIMATE Multi Probiotic, 60 veg caps, 24 Billion Active Cells, 1 a day, $30 (2 month supply) found in the refrigerated section of any health store (or other brand).Refrigerated type is best.

We also take Digestive Enzmes,
Digestive Enzymes assist body in breakdown of food. Different enzymes with different functions are produced in particular areas of digestive tract.

Incomplete digestion a contributing factor in the development of food allergies, nausea, bad breath, bowel problems & stomach disorders.

Digestive enzymes, primarily responsible for chemical breakdown of food & constitute large portion of digestive secretions. The human body makes approx. 22 different enzymes that are involved in digestion.
When we start to run low on enzymes.
Proper amounts of enzymes are key part of optimum health. DIGESTIVE ENZYMES needed to properly digest & metabolize nutrients.
When body stressed by shortage of digestive enzymes two things happen & both are bad:
1. Body works overtime creating needed enzymes required to digest our food. Extra stress adversely affects immune system & lowers our ability to protect ourselves from & fight off disease.
2. Body becomes so overworked, can't make enough enzymes to properly digest our food. This undigested food begins polluting our body, chances of chronic disease increase.

Protease digests protein. Amylase digests carbohydrates, Lipase digests fat and fat-soluble vitamins

Try this til you get an appt with Endocrinologist!

artfullofheart replied to artfullofheart's response:
Hello,

I actually used up all the allowed words in my reply and wanted to end with....Don't give up!

My husband and I have or know people who have suffered with your problems....you are not alone.....Slowly but surely you will find out the answers to your problems, so don't stress about it too much, it doesn't answer any problems.

When I get stressed or worried, I watch or think of something funny....it's like laughter therapy...the last thing you feel like doing but it really helps, especially if you're consistent.

Here's what I try to remember when I'm thinking too much and worrying...." Worry is the interest you pay on things that never happen". Seeing as I'm very concious of money, I'm on a TIGHT budget, I hate paying interest lol!

I'm praying for you and that you find things to help you.
You have a lot going on and one things triggers another, physically and emotionally, I know!

But there's always an answer to every problem and many people on your side. Don't give up!

jblue48 replied to artfullofheart's response:
Thank you so much. I will try these remedies you gave me.

Helpful Tips

abodmenal pain
from last 2 weeks i suffering from abodmenal is pain very badly .and my toilet also not good.always i have to go toilet .per 3,4 times i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website