Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
IBS?
An_253409 posted:
Ive been diagnosed with diverticulitus, celiac, IBS-C. etc. My abdomible pain is SO BAD my life is horrible. Many doctors many tests (normal) I cannot take this pain any longer and no one will help me find the underlying cause. The only way I can function is with pain meds I want to get off but if I do I might as well die. The pain is horrible!! Im a 55 year old female who has had a hysterectomy. Is anyone out there like me?

calgal37 responded:
Are you completely gluten free? Many with celiac disease cross-react to casein, the major protein in diary. Have you been tested for that because many with that issue experience severe constipation. And the unfortunate thing is depending on what pain meds you're taking, that can also add to the constipation.

healthiestone responded:
yes...i developed IBS due to taking antibiotics for 15 yrs(1980-1995)-never taken it since..Colon is the #1 organ in the body-if it is healthy and strong -it can digest good food and get rid of the bad food. This is what I did. I quit drinking, never smoked, dont eat fried food, or processed meat or deli mea,no canned foods, no plastic. Eat gluten free foods, Non gmo foods, support local farms-mostly organic, dont find from big stores like Walmart...use skim milk in tea-once only. Avoid sugar, white rice/potatoes/flour/pasta and WHEAT...wheat is cause of inflamation-avoid powdery stuff(very processed). Eat mostly veges, fish, sometimes organic chick. No salad dressing-make my own. Use olive oil,lemon juice,fresh oregano and garlic wherever possible. Eat organic apples-eat good food but organic or make it. I seldom go to the restaurant...so on good luck

Helpful Tips

abodmenal pain
from last 2 weeks i suffering from abodmenal is pain very badly .and my toilet also not good.always i have to go toilet .per 3,4 times i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website