Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Chronic pancreatitis
Gopalkasturi posted:
My age is 27-M,I underwent a surgery in my age of 16 yrs , truncal vagatomy and posterior jejunogemy.(in the US scannig it was mentioned calcified pancreas). I was asked to continue pankreoflat there after.
I was fine for the first few months then later i observed oily stool- at that time i was so scared and not let my parents knew this disorder and got no treatment further.my body was maintiaining the same weight of 55kgs for the past few years.
for the past 3 years I was trying to take medications to avoid steatorrhea.
I visited AIG a year back at hyderabad(/06/2012). conclusion of US report was 1.chronic pancreatitis, PD6mm at the head , no peripancreatic edema, no fluid collection. treat ment given was creon 25000, selvit cp.
Again i visited yesterday(/09/2013) my US report was 1. Chronic pancreatitis with mildly dilated PD, no peri pancreatic edema, no fluid collection. -same medication is aked to continue.
I am always worried- unnecessarily i avoided telling my parents reg the problem i am facing, if i would have told i would have got a better treatment? will my pancreas be working fine ? my pancreas is more exposed to get pancreatic cancer/ any more risks ? what would be my life span ? I am married and had a kid now that makes me more worried...

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website