Nausea and feeling
An_253663 posted:
Hi WebMD Community!
I am a 34 year old male. What brings me here today is the fact that for the past 3-4 days I have felt Nausea that seems to come and go, and the feeling seems most potent right when I get up in the morning or if I have a severe tensing of my abdominal muscles (due to Tourettes Syndrome). Or pressure on my abdominal for a long period of time. I also seem to belch often after meals accompanied by bloating, stomach discomfort, pressure in the chest area, and a burning sensation with the notion to belch and sometimes vomit coming up my esophagus. I eat VERY fast and my diet includes alot of well-seasoned and spicy foods at times, but not all the time (spicy meals generally 1-2 times a week) also I like a lot of red meats and Dairy. I tend to eat anything from small junk foods to just about a full course meal about 10-20 minutes before bedtime, and that's been a routine for many, many years now. About 2 to 2 and 1/2 weeks ago I took some generic laxatives that I didn't know were expired they were little orange pills with the number "5" in black on them, and I don't know if that's whats causing me to feel this way? anyways...Should I be entirely concerned about this? Is what I described sound like there might be something seriously wrong? I have a check-up coming up with my doctor in about a week and a few days.

On a side note. About 2 and half or 3 years ago I had and endoscopy, colonoscopy, blood work, and ultrasound done on my liver. Everything checked out ok.

An_253687 responded:
It sounds like you might have to change your diet. My grandma and I have had very similar problems to yours. When I went to the doctor, they couldn't find anything out. But when my grandma went, here's the advice they gave to her (and it worked!).
What you'll have to do is get some Rx omperazole (omeprazole magnesium works great too) and take it twice a day. First time in the morning AT LEAST 30 minutes before your first meal or it won't work. What it does is it coats your stomach lining so the acids you may eat throughout the day won't harm your stomach. Then take the 2nd one closer to your last meal of the day.
Then, and I know this doesn't sound very fun in the least, you'll have to go on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) faithfully for 3 days straight.After the 3 days, you'll need to stick to the GERD diet. You can find it if you just Google it.
If you still have some pain or discomfort, take 2 Tums or 1/2 tsp of baking soda mixed with some water (not too little and not too much because you don't want to dilute the baking soda). This will calm the acids in your stomach pretty quickly.
I hope this works for you as well as it worked for me!

chaos2come replied to An_253687's response:
Hi! thank you so much. I feel a little more at ease knowing a couple others have had the same issue, and that it wasn't anything serious for you two. I'd like to say that I am generally healthy for my age and try to exercise (cardio work-out) daily, but right now I have been kind of busy and kinda worried about other things. So, now I just make it a must-do when can spare the time. Thank you though!