Lactose Intolerance
dwood316 posted:
Hi everyone,ever since i was a kid i've had lactose intolerance,it never really bothered me as a teen,but i'm 32 now and it seems to be more active. Sometimes it really bothers me,like today. Last night i had a rueben sandwich for supper,it had melted cheese,corned beef,and thousand island dressing. It caused me a little gas after awhile,but nothing bad. I also had 3 pieces of cheese last night while watching a movie,and today i've had to go to the bathroom 3 times in one day. I'm thinking that i ate too much cheese,but i don't really know. Anyone have any advice or anything as to what i should do? It really gets to me sometimes.

georgiagail responded:
It would seem you need to limit your intake of cheese to a lesser amount at one time.

This intolerance can worsen throughout the years.

Gail

calgal37 responded:
dwood, it's possible the casein in the dairy is the culprit. If you're having a problem with that component you'd have to cut out cheese completely because the reaction is not similar to the one you have if you're 'allergic' to lactose. With a casein reaction, you produce an antibody reaction which can, over time, cause a myriad of other symptoms more problematic than constipation or more frequent bowel movements. Some food testing might be able to straighten out the issue.