Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
upper abdominal pain
An_254160 posted:
I am 48 years old, I have a 19 year old, and 15 year old twins. I believe my stomach elasticity having a multiple birth pregnancy allows my abdomen to expand. I hurt so bad from upper abdominal pain, the Dr's can not find out why. I have been referred to a Neurologist and is thought "intestinal migraines" however treatment is not working. I have gone through endoscopy/colonoscopy.

It is as if I have a band over the top under my breasts going down 6 inches, horizontally which gets hard and expands, looks like I am 9 months pregnant (with a single, not twins) pregnancy. I can literally gain as much as 8 - 10 pounds in a day from the distention. It is not bowel movement related; although Dr has said I have IBS, acid re-flux and intestinal migraines.

I find it hard to bend down without hurting, stress does make the pain worse. I live my life around short trips to the store, to get back to my heating pad for relief. I have been on FMLA for my health; my OB/GYN of 20 plus years has determined I have a prolapse vaginal/rectal which I believe is due to the pressure put on my insides. I am due for surgery to repair the prolapse areas however feel my abdominal issues are going to still be a problem. I am considering tightening the abdominal wall so that it can not expand or as much...this would be similar to a tummy tuck which at this point I just want relief, I want to work and work outside and with my kids.

Please... anyone experience this? I don't know where to turn!

Thank you!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website