Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Center of chest pain
mrb5150 posted:
For 3months have been having pain in the middle of my chest, sometimes just continuous and sometimes off and on. It just comes out of nowhere, I don't even have to eat anything @ all and it just comes on, @ times it can feel like I am having a heart attack. I do have coronary artery disease, have had 2 angiograms,Mir is not my heart. I have had an endoscopy which didn't show Gerd or any esophagus problems, it did show where my food is not digesting properly. I was put on a medication called reglan which helped a little, but I believe it caused me to have anxiety attack. I seem to keep getting tossed from dr. To dr.

biancalthompson responded:
You may be have gallbladder issues. I am currently awaiting surgery to remove my gallbladder and I have pains in the center or more to the right of my chest.

mrb5150 replied to biancalthompson's response:
Thank you I told my Doctor that. Today and he said they checked my gallbladder back in April and said it was fine now I have to wait until dec.27 to see my gi doctor to see what he says.

biancalthompson replied to mrb5150's response:
Good luck to you. I hope its nothing serious.

mrb5150 replied to biancalthompson's response:
Thank you me to but this has been going on way to long my doctor told me there is nothing more he can do for me and to go to gi doctor and see what he thinks and if I'm not happy with the GI doctor he would recommend me to another could it be stress and other things cause in it I don't know I'm just beside my self I have done what the doctors have told me and still the same old stuff just tired of it all I'm 43 feel like 63.

calgal37 replied to mrb5150's response:
What do you mean with your words 'where my food is not digesting properly?'

Chest pain can also be due to esophageal spasms. They result in many describing it as a heart attack.

mrb5150 replied to calgal37's response:
The GI doctor told me my food was taken to long to digest so he put me on reglan 4 times a day he said I did not have Gerd I started to have anxiety attacks so my doctor took me off of it I go back to the gi doctor dec 27 as I type this the center of my chest hurts.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website