Skip to content


Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Gallbladder/Liver Question
kari69 posted:
hello everyone,

I was wondering if either gallbladder disease or liver disease would show up anywhere in a CBC/Differential blood panel? I had one recently and all was good. However, I do on occasion have a dull ache right at the top of my upper right side rib, in fact the whole right side rib hurts which leads me to believe it could be constochondritis, because I have no other symptoms of gallbladder other than this dull ache, feels almost like arthritis.

Thanks for any help!
biancalthompson responded:

I have gallbladder issues, right now I am awaiting surgery to have it removed. My blood work always comes back normal, the only time its not normal is if a stone is blocking the common bile duct and therefore causing the liver to become inflamed. Usually they do an ultrasound to see if there are stones in the gallbladder or a HIDA scan to check if the gallbladder is contracting properly. If you have pain in the upper right abdomen after eating a fatty meal then I would have someone check your gallbladder.

Good luck hope you feel better.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 123 found this helpful