Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
wondering about the color of stool--and what it means?
Anon_963 posted:
I'm on a medication now--over a year and recently increased the dosage to 400 mg. daily from 200 mg. of Multaq--for the control of A-fib.
Also, I deal with a serious inner ear disorder--and I mention this because it can cause the same symptoms I'm about to describe in my question for this board. With the inner ear problem I get dizzy/nauseated and anxious--due to all that!
With the medication for the a-fib, it can cause nausea/dizziness, etc.
Since both can cause anxiety--I take an anti-anxiety med that can also add to the nausea and dizziness.
Lately my stool is very light in color==like a light brown with a hint of yellow--but not really yellow. I 'go often' and then sometimes end up with almost diarrhea--toward the end of having to go 'alot' when this nausea is so bad. It has been 'really bad lately' and I don't know if it's due to medication, or my inner ear issues or etc.? I know this can't be diagnosed here--but wonder if anyone has this problem and can shed some light on it? I was told years ago I had IBS--but I've never had the awful 'trips to the bathroom' or bad cramping--just the day I saw the doctor and had upper gastric issues and right away he suggested that I might have IBS--but I really don't think it's that at all, since these more difficult issues developed since the inner ear problem developed and the A-fib, and I've been on various meds. Thanks for any input.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website