Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    deande posted:
    I have had a long history of stomach problems - 30 years. The first started when I was a teenager and I had a terrible yeast infection. Later I developed regurgitation (gross, I know). It happened every time I ate anything and even drinking water. I had a barium swallow and it didn't show anything. My parents didn't take me to a specialist so I lived with the problem. When I became an adult, I went to a gastro doc, and he did Upper GI tests, motility, PH test, and nuclear tests. I've been told I have GERD, been told I don't, been told I have it, etc. I've been on the usual medicines for GERD but nothing stops the regurgitation. My doc found that I have delayed gastric emptying and wanted to put a pacemaker in. I wasn't approved for the pacemaker, but he didn't do anything else.

    Has anyone been diagnosed with delayed gastric emptying and what have your doctors done about it?
    deande responded:
    Wanted to also add, I have a small hiatal hernia, but again docs aren't doing anything for it.

    Helpful Tips

    Drinking waer everyday keeps my digesive going. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website