Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
GERD
cvidsick posted:
Is it true that GERD can cause sinus type headaches,high blood pressure,explosive bm

hypohyper responded:
Reflux, depening on what is causing your symptoms, can be the result of you digestive system being out of balance. This is especially true if you are not producing sufficiently strong Hydrochloric acid (HCL) in stomach. Hypochlorhydria is one of the common causes that you are experiencing. Hypochlorhydria will cause allergic reactions like headaches, in your words "explosive bm", nausea, gas, belching, bloating, etc. Sufficiently strong HCL, in the stomach, is necessary for breaking down and sterilizing the nutrients consumed. When the HCL is not strong enough to do this nutrients are dumped out of the stomach into the small bowel. Many proteins are allergens and will cause allergic reactions if they are not converted to proteoses and peptones by the peptic enzymes, and ster;ized by the HCL. The peptic enzymes are only active in a strong acid environment (1.2 to 2.0 pH). I would recommed that you get a pH diagnostic test to determine what is going on in your digesive tract. Search the net under gastrogram, pH test, or pH diagnostic test.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website