Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Bloating
An_254837 posted:
Bloating and abdominal pain after eating anything. This has been going on for 2-3 months.

An_254855 responded:
I have the same symptoms gas, burping and back pain when l am laying down. Going to GI doctor tomorrow.

An_256488 responded:
The symptoms you are referring to are common in people that have Hypochlorhydria (little stomach acid) and people that have Hyperchlorhydria (excessive acid production). Both of these conditions will cause reflux (GERD), abdominal pain, nausea, belching, bloating, gas, constipation and or diarrhea. Unfortunately many physicians will prescibe proton pump inhibitors or acid reducing meds without the benefit of testing. When a person that is not producing enough acid(hypochlorhydria) is placed on a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) they will become Achlorhydric. When this occurs nutrients supplements and medications are prematurely dumped out of the stomach before sterilization and conversion is acomplished. This is mainly because the pyloric sphincter, located at the base of the stomch, starts to relax, on average, when the pH of the gastric juices is at 4 to 4.5 pH. Proteins are not broken down into peptones that necessary for proper absorption in the small bowel, because the peptic enzymes are inactive when the pH of the gastric fluid is above pH 5.0. The peptic enzymes are most active in the conversion of proteins when the stomach acid is at 1.2. to 2.0 pH. I would recommed that you get a pH diagnostic test. Search the net under gastrogram, pH test, or pH diagnostic test. there is a lot of information that will help you.

mariajohnson responded:
I found a similar discussion here. You can check out for the solution.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1004549-stomach-bloat-after-eating-anything?page=4

kjme11374 replied to mariajohnson's response:
I have ongoing gastro issues. most docs are too quick to just hand out medicine. I'm having another endoscopy very soon.

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website