Painful Upper Abdomen
An_255001 posted:
I have had a contracting pain in my upper abdomen that occurs once every couple months. This has been happening off and on for about 4 years I have had tests done with NO results. This pain is followed by sweating, nausea, doubled over pain, and it used to only last for a couple hours and then be gone. As of the last 6 months when it happens it lasts for days followed by tenderness in my stomach until the pain returns severe again. I thought for a long time it had to do with my period as it used to occur around that time, but it happens pretty randomly these days and a lot more frequent. Please if anyone else has had these problems could you give me some sort of help. Very desperate for answers.

jaco808 responded:
My wife had similar symptoms after she gave birth. She had endometriosis(?). Anyway good luck

mparker198026 replied to jaco808's response:
Thank you so much. And I hope she's ok.

mariajohnson responded:
A common cause of abdominal pain in women is Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I would suggest you to go to your doctor. He will be able to tell you the reason for your pain and also give the appropriate treatment.

nycjudy responded:
Is the pain always in the same place? Center of the abdomen, right under the rib cage? On one side?