Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Painful Upper Abdomen
An_255001 posted:
I have had a contracting pain in my upper abdomen that occurs once every couple months. This has been happening off and on for about 4 years I have had tests done with NO results. This pain is followed by sweating, nausea, doubled over pain, and it used to only last for a couple hours and then be gone. As of the last 6 months when it happens it lasts for days followed by tenderness in my stomach until the pain returns severe again. I thought for a long time it had to do with my period as it used to occur around that time, but it happens pretty randomly these days and a lot more frequent. Please if anyone else has had these problems could you give me some sort of help. Very desperate for answers.

jaco808 responded:
My wife had similar symptoms after she gave birth. She had endometriosis(?). Anyway good luck

mparker198026 replied to jaco808's response:
Thank you so much. And I hope she's ok.

mariajohnson responded:
A common cause of abdominal pain in women is Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I would suggest you to go to your doctor. He will be able to tell you the reason for your pain and also give the appropriate treatment.

nycjudy responded:
Is the pain always in the same place? Center of the abdomen, right under the rib cage? On one side?

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website