Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
I AM SUFFERING PLS HELP
snmack2636 posted:
I am a 26 year old multiracial female i have anemia, h pylori, and celiac disease. The h pylori was diagnosed about 4 years ago and i have tried two different treatments for this which neither seemed to worked i need help treating that and also i have celiac disease which for some reason i had a spell of getting better after struggling for six months and i had gained about 30 pounds of my weight back but i had an incident when i got really sick one day and i lost that 30 pounds in about a week some people may be happy with that but i am only 105 now and would really like to gain some weight and not have to struggle from day to day with the stomach pain,loss of appetite,chronic pain,and migranes someone pls give me an idea what to do ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT ANY PART OF THIS WELCOME

mariajohnson responded:
To gain weight eat more protein. Build muscle by weight training, eat healthy foods, eat egg dishes and have stir-fried foods in healthy oils.

snmack2636 replied to mariajohnson's response:
thanks for the information but i have tried all the different kinds of food but with this disease its a day to day process sometimes i have appetite and sometimes i dont not only that but with celiac disease you have to watch your spices oils and other food intake

calgal37 replied to snmack2636's response:
Snmack, are you carefully watching your gluten intake? And have you made sure that you aren't consuming any 'hidden' gluten? Have you been checked for cross-reactivity to substances such as casein, the major protein in diary? As many as 50% of those with celiac can cross-react and it can result in miserable problems.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website