Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Pancreatic Pain
panpain posted:
No insurance right now, need help. I am a 45 year old male. I used to drink(binge). Started noticing pains in my stomach and back after taking Advil for a prolonged period(5 years ago). I had my gallbladder removed along with two stones about 2 years ago. Had a couple spells the last two years but got over it in a few days. This latest attack has me worried. It started around Christmas. I drank the 24th and 25th of December. A day or two later wasn't feeling to hot and then my upper abdomen left side started to hurt followed by a pain that feels like it is in the middle center of my back. It's been over a month and still having the pains. Thought I had colitis but now believe that I have chronic pancreatitis. Alcohol use, gallbladder problems(removal) and symptoms of pain in back and stomach, heat flashes. Sounds like chronic pancreatitis to me. Still no sign of blood in stool or bile. What to do?

calgal37 responded:
It could be pancreatic, but it could also be stomach related. Have you discontinued drinking? If not, do so. How about finding out the cost of having some blood work done? Check to see if a clinic, doctor, or hospital near you can give you a hand getting that done since it's going to be an important aspect in knowing what's going on. Pancreatic issues are nothing to gloss-over as you already know, so if the discomfort is due to a malfunction of that organ you need to take lifestyle and possibly medical steps to change the situation around.

There's really no easy answer I know of in this situation.

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website