Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Diarrhea and bloating
january1266 posted:
After a day of diarrhea, I started experiencing gas and bloating. Havent had much of an appetite and really only ate toast and soup for 4 days. Now experiencing bloating, and still no appetite. Im almost afraid to eat but I do, very bland like oatmeal and toast. Any idea why this bloating is bad, more so at end of day? Been drinking plenty of water and Gatorade and juice.

mariajohnson responded:
Overeating is the most common cause of bloating. Also gas in the abdomen causes bloating. Exercise may help reduce excess gas and bloating.

denisego responded:
I am just now experiencing the same thing, exact same problems..
diarrhea
bloating
no appetite
severe gas
and pain in my back.

what did you do to fix this problem. please tell me.
thank you

dg

january1266 replied to denisego's response:
Hello DG,
The bloating and gas is from air built up inside your intestines. After a few days of not eating a lot, air was building up inside. Although I had no appetite, and at times felt nauseous, I had to eat. I started small. Had a pb & j and plain pasta noodles, then a few hours later had yogurt and toast. Felt so much better and as the food settled and moved along the air, you will have to pass gas. Keep eating small meals/snacks and you will find it helps tremendously!! You will feel better! When in doubt, call your doctor!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website