Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Strange and mysterious stomach issues.
oliveyew posted:
Hi so I'm a 19 year old female in the midwest of the US. I've had anxiety disorder, depression, and IBS for 7 months. I'm used to general IBS symptoms and anxiety symptoms but this feels different. My digestion has been off for about a two-3 weeks. I started off really constipated and I'd get this awful feeling in my stomach that's really hard to describe. It's not nausea, it's not bloating, it just feels.... Wrong... Like there's a big bubble under my ribs and it makes me really gassy from both ends (pleasant I know). I'd feel like this when I drank coffee too. Found out that it was peanut butter that was causing it. So I stopped eating Peanut butter. A few days later it started doing it with chocolate. And now it's grains and dairy. The feeling has shifted slightly now. I still have the bubble feeling but now I feel really hungry all the time. I'm super duper tired... All the time. I've started eating more fruits and veggies and proteins thinking I may have leaky gut but because my anxiety is health related, it wont let me rest until I know what it is. My parents dont like taking me to the doctor BECAUSE of my anxiety. I'd be there every day if they did. So that's why i'm here. Yesterday I had a lot of symptoms that made me think I had low blood sugar. Incredibly tired, fuzzy headed, HUNGRY. Like had to eat NOW hungry. Couldn't concentrate easily. It was better with food and a nap. Today I ate 2 eggs with hummus, almond milk, and 3 strawberries for breakfast and felt super full and almost nauseous. It's 3 hours later and I feel hungry again. I'm not used to this. My IBS usually makes me NOT want to eat.

Some additional facts about me that may help: I have severe acne, joint pain, brittle hair and nails, a constant metallic taste that can sometimes taste like soap, i get tired easily. Lots of headaches (though i usually play those off as tension headaches from anxiety), dry skin..... And that's all i can think of right now. What do y'all think?

Helpful Tips

relief of hemorrhoids
had hemorrhoids for years,tried all the store remedies,nothing worked. when my boys were little we used diaper rash ointment on them(zinc ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website