Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Possible IBS??
An_255601 posted:
I was diagnosed with GERD about 8 years ago and have been on PPI's ever since (I am 26) - a year or so ago I was also diagnosed with celiac disease and have been gluten free since then. I was still having GI discomfort (bloating, cramping, upper right quandrant pain, sometimes diarrhea, sometimes constipated, when I need to BM the urge comes very quickly and I need to rush to the bathroom) I recently had a bunch of blood work done (checking for vitamin deficiencies, thyroid issues, organ function tests etc) all came back normal. Gallbladder ultrasound was also normal. I cut out dairy and did have improvement in the upper right quadrant pain... but still have a lot of other symptoms. I'm thinking possibly IBS? (I was tested for Crohn's a few years ago and was negative)

I know there aren't many meds to take for IBS... and I don't know how I feel about adding another medication. Any suggestions for what to take for IBS relief? I'll be meeting with my GI dr again on 3/11 and was planning on asking about maybe taking probiotics? Anyone have good relief taking pill forms and if so, what kind?

shree1990 responded:
Dude, your symptoms do sound like those of irritable bowel syndrome. IBS is usually diagnosed when a person has had abdominal pain or discomfort at least three times a month for the last 3 months without other disease or injury that could explain the pain. The pain or discomfort of IBS may occur with a change in stool frequency or consistency or be relieved by a bowel movement. I don't know where you come from but in India, Nova Specialty Hospitals offer excellent gastroenterology services with quite superior care. Best thing is that, they are quite transparent in their dealings and are quite affordable too.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website