Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Pain in Back Rib Cage when I eat???
agirl2013 posted:
Lately when i eat I sometimes have pain on my back on my left side in the back ribcage area. I have noticed it is not linked to anything particular. I can eat something healthy or something bad and have the same result. I have noticed it has happened a couple times when I have drank water as well. When it gets really bad both the left and right back hurt in the same place. The longest it lasts is a couple hours. Also sometimes it occurs as I am eating other times it happens after I have ate. I have never had any issues in the past with acid reflux so I do not assume that is the problem. What could it be?

calgal37 responded:
Agirl, you need to check with your doc and have some testing done. Acid reflux and gallbladder issues can have symptoms that make no sense, or they can be completely 'typical.' Symptoms of either issue as well as others can simply seem to come out of the 'blue' with no warning. Make an appointment and get the situation checked out.

mariajohnson responded:
These symptoms may be indicative of ulcers or gallstones. Check with your doctor asap.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website