Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Tummy trouble
lt5674 posted:
hello anyone who has any suggestions, I have been going from doctor to doctor for the last 2 month's with stomach issues with no results, so if any one can help me I am in getting desperate. Since the beginning of January 2014, I have had extreme diarrhea it has been so bad that I have to stay very close to a toilet it hits within minutes of eating and it does not matter what I eat, I have just had a colonoscopy that came back all good and so far my blood work looks good so I am clueless and it seems my doctors are to, I don't know what to do next.
Thanks

calgal37 responded:
Is there anyone in your family with food intolerances or a history of celiac disease? Check to find out because both conditions can have hereditary components and might be the cause of your discomfort.

Did your doc take biopsies during the colonoscopy? Did you personally read the results of the doc's reports and the pathologist's report? If not, get a copy and read it. Sometimes there are small comments in those reports that may suggest something should be followed up on that doctor's may overlook.

Have you tried probiotics? They're not hype, and they possibly might help, so try them. There are a number of good brands on the market that might give you a hand until the underlying cause of the malady is found.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website